Carpet lovers know how important and challenging it is to keep this material clean. But we don’t want to discourage you from choosing this flooring that is coming back into fashion and has many advantages. To know which ones, read the guide we wrote..
If you have a pet or a small child, then you cannot afford to neglect your carpet, which could become a den of germs and could even endanger your health.
There is no need to worry because the tips you will read below are fast, effective and cheap. Find out how to clean carpet from all kinds of stains and keep it fresh. And finally some advices on the things not to do.
Remove stains quickly
In the home there is a lot happening everyday and it is impossible never to stain a carpet, so here is an effective cleaning method on oily and colored stains:
- Dab the stain with very absorbent paper or sprinkle the stain with corn or rice starch. In this way we remove what has not yet been absorbed by the carpet.
- Use Use hydrogen peroxide or a stain remover, checking first if it does not damage the carpet.
- Apply some baking soda then wait a few minnutes.
- Finally, hoover with a vacuum cleaner.
Eliminate bad smells
To eliminate a bad smell left after removing a stain or any other reason, just follow these 4 steps:
- Hoover very well with a vacuum cleaner.
- Sprinkle the source of the smell with baking soda, without exagerating because it could be difficult to remove afterward.
- In a spray bottle add water and a little white winegar, then sprinkle lightly and let it act.
- Hoover again with the vaccum cleaner to remove the baking soda.
What not to do
If you want your carpet to have a long life and the fiber to stay healthy over time, avoid to:
- Use brushes with hard bristles
- Excessive use of cleaning products that could cause molding
- Use chlorine to clean
- Clean with steam more than once a year.